It is very easy to get married in Barbados as there is no required waiting period or minimum length of stay.
Artistry and Design
Application for a marriage licence must be made by both parties in person at the office of the Ministry of Home Affairs.
Applications for marriage licences must be made between the hours of 8.30 a.m and 3.30 p.m Monday to Friday. You will require:
- Valid passports and birth certificates.
- Return tickets.
- If either party was divorced, an original Decree Absolute or a certified copy of the Final Judgment. The Decree Nisi is not accepted.
- If either party was previously married and widowed, a certified copy of the Marriage Certificate and Death Certificate in respect of the deceased spouse.
- For a Roman Catholic ceremony, the relevant documents must be sent by your bishop to the bishop of Bridgetown.
- Where necessary, all documents not in English must be accompanied by a certified translation.
- Arrangements should be made with a Magistrate or Marriage Officer to perform the wedding ceremony, prior to applying for the marriage licence. A letter from either the Magistrate or Marriage Officer must be presented at the time of making the application.